Wednesday 4 January 2012

Heavy Metal New Blood Band Profile : Garagedays

Garagedays

Marco Kern : Rhythm Guitar/Vocals
Dominik Eder: Bass
Rene Auer: Lead Guitar
Matthias Mai: Drums

Austrian metallers Garagedays formed in Rattenberg in 2005 founded by vocalist/rhythm guitarist Marco Kern to bring together a band dedicated to 80s metal.

The band have been busy with releases starting with a 10 track demo called "Wild and Dangerous" in 2007, Garagedays released two further albums in 2010 "Sight of the Blind" and "Dark and Cold". Heavy Metal Bullet reviewed "Dark and Cold" and you can check out that review here

All this hard work hasn't gone to waste as "Dark and Cold" was awarded "Demo of the Month" by a German webzine and soon after were signed by Massacre Records and towards the end of 2011 with US Management Bear Metal/Strange Brew Concerts (Tokyo Blade).

Named after their rehearsal room in a scrap yard Garagedays have a range of influences in particular NWOBHM bands and US bands of a similar style, Testament, Saxon, Judas Priest, Motorhead, Savatage, Iron Maiden, Slayer, Metallica and more.

And so onto the usual questions from Heavy Metal Bullet answered by Marco Kern...
"we don't fit in any category! That's what we WANT!" Marco Kern

Heavy Metal Bullet (HMB): Would you consider yourself part of a specific genre and if so which one?
Marco Kern (MK): It's hard to say, I think it's a good mixture of styles like Thrash and Power Metal, Heavy Metal and maybe a little bit of Dark ;). So I don't think we are a thrash band or a power metal band at all. I totally agree with the critics in the magazines we don't fit in any category! That's what we WANT!

HMB: What was the first Heavy Metal album you bought?
MK: I can't remember, In my childhood I bought the albums together with my father! I've a big collection of Metal inherited from my father!

HMB: What was the last Heavy Metal Album you bought/downloaded?
MK: I prefer a physical CD, I think it was "The World is Yours" Motorhead

HMB: Do you own any albums you would be embarrassed to tell a metal head you own?
MK: As I said, I have a large metal collection inherited from my father! The collection includes such a lot of GREAT albums that I can't name any :)

HMB: What's the strangest thing you have seen at a gig?
MK: At a WASP concert Blacky got an electric shock through the microphone. The concert was cancelled of course, much to my chagrin!

So where can you check these guys out?
Myspace
Garagedays Website
Twitter : Garagedaysmetal
Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment